Depth hermeneutics is a qualitative method that aims at the latent content of the material to be studied (texts, films, interviews…). These unconscious “scenes” merely shimmer through “between the lines”, but affectively speak to the interpreters involuntarily and can be developed through an analysis of these reactions. The aim of the working group will be to make spontaneous feelings and associations usable for an interpretation of the material.
- Previous knowledge of depth hermeneutics is not a prerequisite for participating
- Participants are also welcome to bring their own material from their Bachelor’s or Master’s theses
- As long as the groups take place on Zoom, students from Vienna and Berlin may also participate
We look forward to it! Verena Großbötzl, Birgitta Schiller and Eva Wimmer
Dates & Registration in the Summer Semester 2022
The dates for the summer semester 2022 are Mondays from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.:
14th February 2022, 14th March 2022, 25th April 2022, 23rd May 2022, 20th June 2022
- The meetings will take place online via Zoom, so please register at firstname.lastname@example.org by 7 days before the date to also receive the access data and material to be interpreted.
- Participation counts as research activity for “Doing Research”.
- For more related information see: Psychoanalytic Cultural and Social Research – Depth Hermeneutics Group by Dr. Markus Brunner